Quality Systems Engineer
Assist in the development and implementation of manufacturing processes in accordance with product specifications and industry and quality standards. Monitor, analyze, recommend and implement improvements to manufacturing processes, methods and controls. Drive scrap reduction through problem solving and elimination of root causes. Asist in maintaining the company quality program in accordance with established standards, customer specifications and production goals; also ensures that the quality system is implemented and managed in accordance with ISO standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in supporting and maintaining the Quality Management System under the ISO 9001:2015 standard; including revising and release of controlled documents.
- Assists in updating and maintenance of quality databases
- Assists in the updating and maintenance of training files
- Working w/ the quality team to ensure overall quality of product by evaluating, and recommending processes for efficiency & improvements. Through practices of Lean systems and use of sound audit techniques/statistical tools, identify high leverage continuous improvement projects to elevate the company Quality delivery to our customers and to build Quality into the process from end to end.
- Drive the execution of quality goals and objectives to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality.
- Work cross- functionally to investigate for root causes of product/process failures and drive corrective & preventative actions internally and/or with suppliers. Generate and share reports to internal and external customers.
- Develop, Track, Report Quality KPIs (i.e. defects, RMAs, MRBs) to internal and external customers (as means for visual management to drive continuous quality improvement).
- Perform Internal/External Supplier Audits as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions:
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to construct and present information to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suites
- Knowledge of manufacturing process is a plus.
- Able to sit and work at the computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task while demonstrating strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability
- Strong ability to work independently
- Self-starter, results-oriented and the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a rapidly environment
- Able to manage tasks, assignments, and projects with little or no supervision
- Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Provide accurate and on-time results.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Education: B.A. / B.S., Engineering or equivalent experience in related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience in quality engineering.
- 1-3 years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies – (i.e. Lean, 6-Sigma, Kaizen, 5S, 8D, 5Whys, Pareto Analysis, Fish-Bone, FMEA, etc.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required
- Hazard Communication Training
- General math including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. General accounting, bookkeeping and statistics required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels. Possess effective speaking writing and comprehension skills.
- High reasoning capability required. Ability to deal with problems in difficult situations. Must be able to assess any situation quickly and make sound decisions based on limited information. Must be able to make hard decisions quickly and with minimum input.
The environmental categories described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The work environment is fast paced.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have the ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel or grasp objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move/carry light to medium weights of up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Evenings and weekends as needed to accomplish job duties.
- Travel as needed.
- Must successfully pass post employment offer drug testing.
- Subject to drug/alcohol testing when there is reasonable suspicion.
- Must report to work on-time daily as scheduled
- Must abide by all policies and procedures of the Company.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org